Warehouse Team Member/Sewer
Location: Cincinnati, OH
This position requires accuracy and timeliness of all job functions. Uses industrial sewing equipment for relabeling of garments; consolidates and packs orders into boxes using a computer system. The ability to sit for extended periods of time up to 7 hours in an 8 hour shift or longer when overtime is required.
• Follow diagrams and verbal instructions
• Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed and/or shipped.
• File requisitions, work orders or requests for product and or service
• Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method
• Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate computer program
• Assist in counting of physical inventory
• Weigh and count items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards
• May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed
• Prepare product for shipping
• Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
• Wear the proper safety equipment
Required Education: High school diploma or GED preferred/not required
Experience Level: 1-2 years of industrial sewing experience preferred/not required willing to train motivated individuals
Job Hours: Positions available for full-time and part-time hours. Days and hours vary based on needs, some OT may be required.
• Attention to detail
• Organizational skills
• Time Management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; sit; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position is in a warehouse setting, with some outdoor exposure during the workday. The temperature is not controlled. This role routinely uses standard warehouse equipment such as hand trucks, box cutters and tape dispensers.
Questions about this position? Please email email@example.com or call 800.289.5400