Customer Care II
Location: Cincinnati, OH.
This person will be full-time and working on the Customer Care team of 10-12 people. This team is responsible for working with internal and external customers to resolve issues related to previously placed orders as well as escalated customer issues. This is done via phone and email. The ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment is needed. Previous phone based customer service experience is a plus.
• Casual dress code
• Employee discounts on apparel
• Flexible hours - Our Customer Care Specialists team operates Monday-Friday 830a-830p. The person who fills this positon will be required to work two 11:30 am 8:30 pm shifts per week and one 11:30 am - 8:30 pm shift on Friday every 3-6 weeks.
• No weekends
TSC has a comprehensive, competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K match, paid holidays, paid time off (PTO), wellness program, product discounts, beer Fridays, fresh fruit Mondays and more.
• Take inbound calls in a call center environment
• Handle escalated calls/issues
• Respond to emails from internal and external customers
• Issue return authorizations
• Place replacement orders
• File claims with UPS on lost/damaged packages
• Develop a broad knowledge of the products we carry including uses, substitutes, advantages, pricing, availability
• Gain an understanding of the business environment in which TSC operates
• Develop a working knowledge of our ERP computer system
• Gain a solid working knowledge of our process including account setup, company policies, sales strategies etc
Required Education: High school diploma and previous phone based customer service experience or experience handling escalated issues in a face to face setting
Desired Technology: MS Word and Excel, email, ability to learn new software
• Ability to work in a team
• Strong attention to detail
• Good organizational and follow up skills
• Ability to problem solve independently
• Ability to remain calm in stressful or escalated situations
• Outgoing and friendly personality
• Solid verbal and written communication skills
The position requires primarily interpersonal and somewhat sedentary work such as lifting and carrying job related articles. Sitting dominates most of the responsibilities. However, a certain amount of walking and or standing may occasionally be necessary. Responsibilities require keyboarding activity and/or manual manipulation of a computer mouse with either hand. This includes repetitive motion with wrists, hands and/or fingers. The position consists of approximately 90-95% computer work which involves extensive viewing of a computer monitor. It is also necessary to possess the ability to speak and hear (with reasonable accommodation) in order to exchange detailed information both face-to-face and via phone to customers, vendors, employees and others. Responsibilities require the ability (with reasonable accommodation) to see and read handwritten and typed documents.
Responsibilities are performed in an environment characterized by:
• High volume of telephone conversation
• Moderate to high stress related to deadlines and business activity
• Regulated temperature while at the corporate office, unregulated temperature when visiting our customers or warehouse
• Little noise
• Some exposure to radiant energy from computer monitors
• Acceptable lighting
Overall, responsibilities require extensive communication and cooperation with customers, employees, and vendors. THe majority of your responsibility will lead to interaction with customers and employees.
Questions about this position? Please email email@example.com or call 800.289.5400 ext. 2414
TSC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer