Location: Cincinnati, OH
The Purchasing Support is responsible for assisting the Purchasing Specialists with day to day tasks. This position will include communication with the TSC sales department and vendors to ensure accuracy and minimize cost.
Basic Functions/Daily Activities include but are not limited to:
• Organize daily POs and ensure all orders are placed before the designated cut-off times for same day shipments
• New item set up and processing returns
• Follow up on unshipped and future orders to ensure accurate communication to internal and external contacts
• Answer questions from our sales department on a wide range of products and manufacturers
• Follow-up with vendors on purchases to ensure timely delivery, obtain tracking, etc.
• Request and coordinate needed returns with vendors to minimize cost and impact to customers
• Reconcile invoices with accounting as needed and maintain credit memoranda and other maintenance tasks
Required Education: High school diploma required
Experience: Purchasing experience is a plus but not required.
Desired Technology: Good PC skills (especially MS Excel) and FDM4 (or another ERP system)
• Strong attention to detail and organization skills
• Make quick decisions using good judgment
• Strong oral and written communication
• Ability to prioritize tasks and stay calm under pressure
• Maintain a positive attitude
Sitting dominates most of the responsibilities. However, a certain amount of walking and or standing may occasionally be necessary.
Responsibilities require keyboarding activity and/or manual manipulation of a computer mouse with either hand. This includes repetitive motion with wrists, hands and/or fingers. The position consists of approximately 80-90% computer work which involves extensive viewing of a computer monitor. It is also necessary to possess the ability to speak and hear (with reasonable accommodation) in order to exchange detailed information both face-to-face and via phone to customers, vendors, employees and others.
Responsibilities require the ability (with reasonable accommodation) to see and read handwritten and typed documents.
Questions about this position or to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org
TSC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer