Location: Cincinnati, OH
Are you looking to gain enry level experience in accounting? TSC Apparel is looking for students interested in an accounting co-op or internship. We would be flexible with hours and work around class schedules! (25-30 hours a week)
The Accounting Intern would be responsible for processing all drop ship inventory payables and A/R cash posting. Will be cross trained for all accounting functions.
• Releasing electronic invoices that come electronically from vendors.
• Resolving invoice descrepancies. This involves a very good working relationship with Purchasing.
• Reviewing vendors statements for missing invoices or misapplied payments.
• Accurate posting of cash to customer A/R accounts.
• Entering data information into our system as required, will primarily be accounts payable.
Required Education: High School Diploma
Technology: MS Office Suite
Experience Level: 0-3 years
• High degree of detail and organizational skills
• Strong initiative, self-motivation, ability to work independently
• Sound judgment, problem-solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities in a fast-paced work environment
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The position requires primarily interpersonal and somewhat sedentary work such as lifting and carrying job related articles. Sitting dominates most of the responsibilities. However, a certain amount of walking and or standing may occasionally be necessary. Responsibilities require keyboarding activity and/or manual manipulation of a computer mouse with either hand. This includes repetitive motion with wrists, hands and/or fingers. The position consists of approximately 80-90% computer work which involves extensive viewing of a computer monitor. It is also necessary to possess the ability to speak and hear (with reasonable accommodation) in order to exchange detailed information both face-to-face and via phone to customers, vendors, employees and others. Responsibilities require the ability (with reasonable accommodation) to see and read handwritten and typed documents.
• High volume of interpersonal communication
• Moderate to high stress related to deadlines and business activity
• Regulated temperature while at the corporate office, visits to our warehouses will expose you to the extreme weather and temperature conditions
• Little noise
• Little to no electrical hazards
• Some exposure to radiant energy from computer monitors
• Acceptable lighting
While some activities may be performed independently, overall responsibilities require extensive communication and cooperation with employees, vendors and customers.
Questions about this position or to apply please email LindseyH@tscapparel.com
TSC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer